If your business is trying to gain a competitive advantage, it is important to understand the current trends. Perhaps nothing has garnered more attention today than the transition to remote work caused by the pandemic. As the disruption from the pandemic eases, many businesses are choosing to provide remote work options for employees on an ongoing basis and, at the very least, to acknowledge the reality that team members do more work outside the walls of the office. Here are two statistics that might interest you:
- 60% of employees use apps for work-related activity (Source: Digital Strategy Consulting)
- 80% of IT executives said employees cannot do their jobs effectively without a mobile phone (Source: Samsung/Oxford Economics)
‘With appropriate planning and review of the options and function and features of an augmented analytics solution, and an understanding of your team needs for mobile access, you can select the right solution.’
When a business decides to provide access to analytics for its team members, it must incorporate the consideration of mobile access into its project plan. Without mobile access to data, it is difficult to implement strategies for Citizen Data Scientists or initiatives for Digital Transformation (Dx), data literacy or data democratization. Every team member expects to have mobile access to tools and information in order to perform tasks and fulfill their role.
Here are just a few of the considerations your business should include to ensure that it selects the right mobile augmented analytics application:
- Be sure the app is designed for seamless user interface as a cross-platform, hybrid mobile app that is available for both iOS and Android.
- Ensure that the app is truly mobile and not just a desktop app that provides access but offers less than optimal navigation and user experience.
- Review training requirements to ensure that your team members can quickly adopt and use the app without extensive training.
- Ask about support and implementation requirements to ensure that your team will not be mired in complex implementation, upgrade and support tasks.
- Ensure appropriate security and privacy methodologies and processes.
- Look for flexible hosting – on premises, public or private cloud.
- Start-up should take minutes (not weeks).
- Be sure your users will have access to easy-to-use augmented analytics tools, e.g., dashboards, reports, clickless analytics with natural language processing (NLP) search analytics and sophisticated functionality that allows for easy access and clear, concise reporting without data scientist skills or IT assistance.
‘When a business decides to provide access to analytics for its team members, it must incorporate the consideration of mobile access into its project plan.’
With appropriate planning and review of the options and function and features of an augmented analytics solution, and an understanding of your team needs for mobile access, you can select the right solution and ensure that your total cost of ownership (TCO) and return on investment (ROI) will be positive and that user adoption will be successful.
Original Post : Choose a Mobile BI App and Give Your Team the Data They Need!Share