Why It’s Important to Include Cross-Tab Deep Dive in Self-Serve BI Tools!
When a business decides to implement a self-serve business intelligence (BI solution, it must ensure that the tools really are ‘self-serve’ and that they provide the flexibility and agility to give power users the ability to create and analyze, and business users with average technology skills the ability to quickly and easily understand the augmented analytics tools they now have access to, and to use those tools to the benefits of the team and the organization.
‘With cross-tab, deep dive tools, users have flexible tools to create views without restriction, so they can build reports and the views they need to see data in a way that is meaningful to them.’
One crucial feature of self-serve BI tools is cross-tab analytics, a tool that allows for deep-dive analytics. Cross-Tab Analytics provides numerous benefits to the organization and its business users. Cross-tabulation refers to the process of analyzing relationships between two variables.
Some research suggests that cross-tab analytics can be especially helpful for market research, customer satisfaction survey results, HR and other functions responsible for corporate culture and growth. In truth, cross-tab analytics can help all of your team members, when it is placed within the confines of a self-serve business intelligence solution. Here are just a few of the benefits you will achieve when you include cross-tab features within your business intelligence solution.
- Clear, concise visual analytics for monitoring and step-by-step deep dive tasks.
- A 360-degree view of multi-dimensional data.
- Ad-hoc and business intelligence reporting that is easy enough for all users.
- The ability to slice, dice, drill down, drill up and drill through data to gain insight into relevant information.
- Relationship analysis among two or more variables.
- The ability to summarize data in rows and columns.
- Insight into the root cause of a problem.
- The ability to identify patterns, trends, pricing sensitivity, etc.
- Creates a comprehensive picture of expenses, sales, salary and employee data, customer buying behavior, profits and revenue, suppliers, etc.
- Easy-to-use features for complex data operations, summary operations, time series functions, filters and custom column expressions.
- Pivot tables and OLAP analysis.
- Browser-based environment that is available in the office and on mobile devices.
‘Cross-tab, deep dive BI tools allow users to quickly and easily understand the augmented analytics tools they now have access to, and to use those tools to the benefits of the team and the organization.’
In today’s rapidly changing environment, your IT and management team cannot possibly anticipate every need the team will have for analytics and for insight into data to make day-to-day and crucial operational decisions and to provide accurate, dependable recommendations to their business unit and management team. With cross-tab, deep dive tools, users have flexible tools to create views without restriction, so they can build reports and the views they need to see data in a way that is meaningful to them.
Users can ask questions on the fly to make decisions. This type of BI analytics and cross-tab tool gives users many options so they can choose filters on unlimited dimensions and drill into the data in any way they wish. Users can add columns, compare disconnected time periods and rank, filter, sort and change data operations to get the results they need to make confident decisions.
Self-Serve Business Intelligence solutions should include Cross-Tab And OLAP Analytics and deep dive tools that make it easier to achieve data literacy and provide data analytics access to all business users. Simple, self-serve BI tools can provide your business with the foundation to achieve your goals with features and tools like Social BI, Embedded BI, etc. Let us help you achieve your vision and improve productivity and insight across the organization.Share