As business intelligence solutions and BI Tools evolve into Augmented Analytics, business users can achieve valuable insight and take appropriate action to optimize resources and enable continuous improvement. As Gartner has predicted, the market is responding to business needs by transforming business intelligence tools into sophisticated Advanced Analytics that are easy-to-use. These augmented analytics solutions support the needs of the average business user, improve productivity and collaboration, and assure data democracy and Data Literacy across the organization.
Here are a few simple tips to ensure that your path to Augmented Analytics is smooth and successful:
- Perform a comprehensive review of your data sources and ensure that the solution you consider will allow for integration of all data.
- Review your existing business intelligence solution, or other analytical tools, including spreadsheets and data extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) tools and compare your requirements to your needs now, and your anticipated future needs
- Consider the skills of your average business user and the environment and collaborative processes you have in place and plan for the culture change and process and workflow improvements you will need to implement an augmented analytics initiative.
- Compare the features of the available augmented analytics solutions to be sure you have the best support for your needs. Look for Smart Data Visualization, Self-Serve Data Prep, Assisted Predictive Modeling for Predictive Analytics, and a system that allows users to leverage Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Machine Learning so users can ask a simple question and get the answers they need quickly and easily.
- Review the available solutions to ensure features like auto-recommendations and guidance provided to users to select the right analytical technique for the data they are analyzing and/or the right visualization technique to get the best results.
Follow these guidelines in assessing your needs, and in reviewing a vendor and augmented analytics offerings, as well as making plans for implementation and roll-out of the augmented analytics solution within your enterprise.
You can start your journey here and now! The Rewards Of Advanced Analytics
Original Post: Augmented Analytics: Go Beyond BI Tools!